January 6, 2014
(1) When the Knights play their next game (Sat. vs. Westy) they will have had 20 days off. Played 'well enough to win' at Flood-Marr, but weren't firing on all cylinders. When -- and if -- they do, look out.
(2) Avon Tournament winners are a tough team to play against, and a serious threat for the top spot. Have allowed more than two goals once this season.Tied Salisbury 2-2 in mid-December.
(3) Went 3-1 at their tournament, the only loss a 5-4 OT decision to NMH. Penguins will host Tabor and Deerfield this week.
(4) Have been idle since Dec. 20, but get back to it Wed. vs. Gov's and Sat. vs. archrival Andover. PG d-man Matt Foley's return to lineup makes a strong team even stronger.
(6) Won Belmont Hill-Nichols Tournament when AJ Greer scored in OT to beat Nichols. Have a large batch of new players, but they are beginning to grow into their roles.
|6||Noble & Greenough||7-3-1||
(8) Much better defensively. Since game #1 at Flood-Marr have allowed only 2.42 gaa. Will be a constant threat if they can maintain that consistency. Beat a tough Thayer squad, 3-2 in OT, on Saturday.
(7) Outscored opponents 23-0 at Rivers Tournament, but lost at Nobles, 3-2, in OT. They should be in the hunt all season long.
(5) Have lost two of last three and came in 4th at the Cushing Tournament. Losses were to Gunnery and Cushing. Have played as tough a schedule as anybody, perhaps the toughest. Schedule gets a little easier now. Will there be a letdown?
(9) Lost to Nobles and beat St. Seb's at the Nobles-St. Seb's New Year's tournament last week. Host NMH and Williston this week -- both tough matchups.
|10||Northfield Mt. Hermon||8-4-0||
(NR) The Hoggers are 5-2 since the start of L'ville Xmas tournament. A 5-3 loss to Gunnery -- another team on the upswing -- in the championship game of the Watkins Tournament was NMH's only loss in the last five games. A tough team to play against, they go on the road Wed. to face Berkshire.
* Note: Only games between NEPSIHA Div. I schools -- the principal factor in determining seedings for the playoffs -- are included in the won-lost records above.