January 13, 2014
(1) In 4 of their 11 games this season Salisbury has scored two or fewer goals. On Sat. vs. Westy they blew a 2-0 second period lead, and had to settle for a 2-2 tie. This week, they are @ T-P Wed., then on Sat. go down the road to #2 Kent for a rematch of Dec. 13th 2-2 tie.
(2) Have allowed two or fewer goals in 11 of their 12 games this season -- only Exeter nicked them, a 4-3 loss back on Dec 8. Stephen Morrissey has a .951 save % on season. Lions hed to Hotchkiss on Wed., then back home Sat. vs. #1 Salisbury.
(3) The Penguin forwards get a lot of attention, but team has allowed two or fewer goals in 9 of last 10 NEPSIHA games. Face a big test Wed. when #6 Thayer visits Ashburnham.
(4) Have outscored their last three opponents 23-6. Face Tabor and Hotchkiss this week.
|5||Noble & Greenough||9-3-1||
(6) Sometimes the best defense is a good offense -- and Nobles certainly has that. Have three games this week: @ St. Paul's, vs. LA, @Andover.
(7) Juniors Adam Gaudette and Linc Griffin are a potent duo for the Tigers, and Rob McGovern, with a .954 save %, has been a wall all season. Face a big test at #3 Cushing on Wednesday.
(8) Next game is on Sunday Jan. 19th, a non-league game vs. Delbarton.
(9) Have won five of last six, with only loss coming to #5 Nobles. The Bears beat the teams they should, and this week host Hotchkiss, Choate, and Avon.
(5) Lost two straight -- to Vermont Academy and Tabor -- before snapping out of it with today's 9-0 Fenway win over Gov's. Face Deerfield, Brewster, and Milton this week.
(NR) Have a five-game winning streak going. And the offense is coming to life. @ T-P Mon., then home against Millbrook and Williston this week.
* Note: Only games between NEPSIHA Div. I schools -- the principal factor in determining seedings for the playoffs -- are included in the won-lost records above.