January 20, 2014
(2) Saturday's big 6-2 win over Salisbury, in concert with the two teams 2-2 standoff last month, gave Kent the season's series -- and made this a unanimous decision. Kent has allowed more than 2 goals in a game only twice all season. This week's schedule: @ Taft, @ Westy.
(1) Saturday's loss to Kent came after back-to-back ties to Westy and T-P. The Knights haven't had a W since the Flood-Marr title game. This week: @ Choate Monday, then home vs. Gunnery & Berkshire.
(6) Tony's Tigers made a statement at Cushing on Wednesday. Center Adam Gaudette leads NE prep scorers with 45 points. Linemate Lincoln Griffin not far behind. Jon Barry a presence on the blue line and Rob McGovern stellar in net. This week: @ SPS, then home vs. St. Seb's.
(4) Exeter can score so Tabor holding them to three goals in a tie was noteworthy. PG D Matt Foley is back, but Teddy Hart is out with a concussion. This week: KUA, Cushing, @ St. Seb's. Cushing beat Exeter, 3-1, back on Dec. 14.
(3) Bounced back from 6-4 loss to Thayer with a 3-0 win at Gov's. This week: @ NMH, @ Exeter, then home vs. Bel Hill.
|6||Noble & Greenough||11-4-0||
(5) Got trounced by Andover, 8-4, on Saturday, which put an end to their 5-game winning streak. A lot of talent, but every now and then Nobles lays an egg. This week: @ St. Seb's, @ Rivers.
(7) Did not play last week, except for Sunday's 4-1 non-league win over Delbarton. This week: @ St. George's, @ St. Mark's.
(8) 5-0-1 in their last six. Very stingy, too -- have allowed a total of 8 goals in those games. This week: @ Hotchkiss, @ Salisbury.
|9||Frederick Gunn School||12-5-0||
(10) Have won 8 straight NEPSIHA games and 9 overall. In last 7 games have scored 5 or more goals every time out. This week Gunnery has only game on its schedule, but it's a good one: @ Salisbury, on Wednesday.
(9) 3-3 over their last 6 games. Lost first line C Joey Dudek to a separated shoulder Jan. 12th in Fenway game (no, Adrian Beltre did not run into him). Dominic Franco has taken Dudek's spot between Tyler Bird and AJ Greer. This week: @ Exeter, and then home vs. Tilton.
* Note: Only games between NEPSIHA Div. I schools -- the principal factor in determining seedings for the playoffs -- are included in the won-lost records above.