February 20, 2012
(2) Riding an 11-game winning streak, during which they have outscored their opponents 62-12. Needless to say, they are firing on all cylinders.
(3) The Spartans have now gone 12 games without a loss. Face a tough final week with road games at St. Seb's and St. Paul's.
(4) Starting to get their groove back over last five games, averaging 5.25 gpg. Matt Beattie (along with Mike Pontarelli of St. Mark's) has topped the 70-point mark. Last season, no players in prep hockey reached that level.
|4||Noble & Greenough||19-4-1||
(1) After going 18 games without a loss, Nobles has now lost three of their last four. And in those losses, the Bulldogs have been outscored 16-3. Will attempt to right the ship in games vs. Governor's and @ Milton this week.
|5||Avon Old Farms||16-6-1||
(6) If defense truly wins championships, then the Winged Beavers are in a good place, as they have allowed one goal or less in 13 of their 25 games this season.
(5) The Wildcats have lost two of their last three. Will welcome back defenseman Alex Carle to the lineup this week.
(8) A well-coached and well-balanced team that can just roll out the lines. Similar to Lawrence in that regard. Tough to play against, and could surprise in post-season.
(7) After a red-hot middle of the season, during which they won eight in a row, they have slowed, going 4-4 since. A tough upcoming week with games @ Canterbury, @ Westminster, and home vs. Berkshire.
(9) Will the late-season push be enough to get the Lions into the big tournament? Tandem of Boo Nieves (35 pts.), Ryan Rosenthal (35 pts.) and d-man Perry Holcombe (29 pts.) key the attack.
(10) A big upcoming week for the Bears as they host Albany Academy and Millbrook before traveling to Gunnery for Saturday's regular-season finale.
* Note: Only games between NEPSIHA Div. I schools -- the principal factor in determining seedings for the playoffs -- are included in the won-lost records above.