February 23, 2015
(3) Last week: won vs. Andover, 6-3; won @ KUA, 3-2. This week: @ New Hampton (Wed.); vs. Berwick (Sat.). Penguins came out on top of an emotional, hard-fought game at KUA Saturday. David Cotton has really turned it on this month, coming through in the big games. He and KUA D Jake Massie, #1-2 in Central's list, went at it hard, bringing out the best in each.
(2) Last week: won @ Westy, 6-3; tied NMH, 1-1. This week: @ Choate (Tues.); vs. Avon (Sat.) Only once over the last four games has Loomis allowed more than one goal.
(1) Last week: lost @ NMH, 3-1; won @ Deeefield, 4-0. This week: @ Pomfret (Wed.); vs. Andover (Sat.). Ran into a hot goalie in Conor O'Brien (38/39) at NMH. Overall, have lost two of five -- and fallen from the #1 slot.
|4||Noble & Greenough||19-4-1||
(4) Last week: won @ BB&N, 10-2; won @ Bel Hill, 2-1. This week: @ Gov's (Wed.); vs. Milton (Sat.) A number of their top players -- Wood, Stevens, Sweezey, Carrabino, et al -- have a physical edge over their Keller foes, hence an 11-1 league record. Luke Stevens, 5-7-12 over his last 5, has hit his stride.
(5) Last week: No games. This week, though, makes up for it: @ Canterbury (Mon.); vs. Westy (Wed.); @ Berkshire (Sat.). The don't score a lot. Nonetheless, they haven't lost since the Watkins Tournament. Only losses this season came to Exeter, Berkshire, Loomis, Cushing, and Salisbury -- no shame there.
(6) Last week was better than the one before: won vs. K-O, 9-3; won @ Avon, 5-2. This week: vs. Kent (Mon.); vs. Hotchkiss (Wed.); vs, Canterbury (Sat.). That 'weekend off' vs. Loomis and Cushing may -- or may not -- help them down the road.
(7) Last week: won vs. Berwick, 7-1; won @ Winchendon, 6-2. This week: vs. Holderness (Wed.); vs. SPS (Fri.) Dan Donato struck gold with junior F Patrick Daly (22 goals). While we saw Daly at Andover last season, we didn't see this kind of a year coming.
(8) Last week: won vs. Proctor, 4-1; lost vs. Cushing, 3-2. This week: Lakes Region Tournament. Opponents TBD. The Wildcats, a strong team, come up a little short vs. the iron, e.g. they lost both matchups with Cushing this season.
(N/R) Last week: tied Bel Hill, 2-2; won vs. St. Seb's, 6-3; won vs. Thayer, 3-2. This week is a run through the gauntlet, with four games on the road: @ Thayer (Mon.); @ Bel Hill (Wed.); @ Dexter (Fri.); @ LA (Sat.). Have only lost three times since the new year began: to Exeter, and Nobles (2x).
(N/R) Last week: won vs. Rivers, 2-1; won vs. Berwick, 6-3; won vs. LA, 5-2. This week: vs. St. George's (Wed.); @ Groton (Sat.) The Lions lost the opening game of the season to Proctor, but since then have lost only to Brooks (2x), and Dexter.
* Note: Only games between NEPSIHA Div. I schools -- the principal factor in determining seedings for the playoffs -- are included in the won-lost records above.