January 7, 2019
(1) In 12 of the last 13 years, Salisbury finished the season with a team GAA under 1.90. So far this year, it's 2.97. LAST WEEK: Beat Brunswick 5-4, beat Deerfield 7-5. THIS WEEK: vs. Cushing (Wed.), @ Westy (Sat.)
(8) The Rams have beaten both of their ranked opponents, #3 KUA and #10 St. Paul's, which somewhat negates the fact that some other opponents have been less than juggernauts. Big test -- for both teams -- Wednesday @ #4 Andover. LAST WEEK: Beat Milton 8-3, beat Worcester 10-0. THIS WEEK: @ #4 Andover (Wed.), vs. VA (Sat.)
(10) The Wildcats have lost three games thus far. One was a 3-0 loss to #1 Salisbury at the Flood-Marr. The other two were one-goal decisions to #2 Tilton and #6 Deerfield (in OT). KUA finished December by winning the Nichols-Bel Hill Tournament. LAST WEEK: No games. THIS WEEK: vs. VA (Wed.), vs. Gov's (Fri.), vs. #10 SPS (Sat.).
(3) Senior Christian Powers is back after being out a month, a nice boost for a hard-working team. Only losses thus far have been one-goal decisions to New Hampton, and to #1 Salisbury in the Flood-Marr title game. Schedule gets increasingly tough starting Wednesday. LAST WEEK: Tied Proctor 6-6. THIS WEEK: vs. #2 Tilton (Wed.), vs. Exeter (Sat.).
|5||Frederick Gunn School||11-2-1||
(4) Lost 2 of 3 to start the season, but have been undefeated since. The 2015-16 team was like this to an even greater degree, going 3-4-1 to start the season before going on a tear en route to the prep championship. Good players will find a way to get better every day. LAST WEEK: Beat NYA 6-0, beat Canterbury 4-1, beat Winchendon 5-2, beat Taft 4-1. THIS WEEK: vs. Hoosac (Wed.), vs. Stanstead (Sat.).
(9) Have lost 3 of last 5, but 2 of those losses were to #1 Salisbury, and one was to Nobles. The Big Green has beaten #7 Avon, #3 KUA, and Hotchkiss. Saturday's 7-5 loss to Salisbury was a one-goal game with an empty-netter at the end. Opponents' winning percentage is .666, the highest in prep hockey. 'Nuff said. LAST WEEK: Lost to Salisbury 7-5. THIS WEEK: vs. Loomis (Wed.),, vs. Cushing (Fri.), @ T-P (Sat.).
|7||Avon Old Farms||7-2-1||
(5) 7-1-1 since season-opening loss to Williston. But the only 2 times they faced teams in this poll, they lost to #6 Deerfield, 4-1, and to #10 St. Paul's (a shootout loss, thus a tie). The Winged Beavers have 3 more games this season vs. current Top 10 teams, as they will face #5 Gunnery, #6 Deerfield, and #1 Salisbury, all in the first couple weeks of February. LAST WEEK: Beat Taft 6-3. THIS WEEK: @ Hotchkiss (Wed.), @ Kent (Sat.).
(N/R) Those 4 ties all came in a row, spanning the LA-Groton and Watkins Tournaments. Overall, the Spartans have played 7 consecutive games that they either won by a goal or tied. Have not played any team in this poll. Unlike last season, senior G Ian Graiff has been splitting duties, alternating with junior Brandon Milberg. LAST WEEK: No games. THIS WEEK: @ Nobles (Wed.), @ Thayer (Sat.).
(N/R) On a roll, going 8-1-1 (6-1-1 in league play). Opened eyes with a 4-3 non-league win over Northwood to win the title game of the Seb's Holiday Tournament. There is a lot of talent on this Arrows squad, much of it young. Leading goal scorer, senior Liam Gorman, is on the shelf. Others will need to step up. LAST WEEK: Beat Nobles 3-2, beat Bel Hill 2-1. THIS WEEK: vs. BB&N (Tues.), vs. Tabor (Sat.).
(N/R) Last season the Pelicans finished under .500. But their best players -- Eric Sinson, Julien Menes, and G Andy Beran are back, a year older, and again leading the way. Losses have come to #2 Tilton, Proctor, and #5 Gunnery. Won both the Avon and Tabor Tournaments. LAST WEEK: Beat Winchendon 4-0, beat Proctor 4-3, beat Kents Hill 6-0, beat Exeter 3-1. THIS WEEK: vs. BB&N (Wed.), @ #3 KUA (Sat.)
* Note: Only games between NEPSIHA Div. I schools -- the principal factor in determining seedings for the playoffs -- are included in the won-lost records above.